Focus on your strengths, find people to fill in your weaknesses
Solve problems before they become problems
- Run WordPress updates (Core, Theme and Plugins)
- Keep Daily Backups
- Don’t modify other people’s plugin or theme code directly
Commit to regular updates
- Create a schedule to run your updates and stick to it
- Use tools like ManageWP
Make sure your web server is managed
- Separate linux user accounts rather than common or root account per WordPress installation
- Keep server up to date and patched or have someone handle for you, Like a managed WordPress hosting provider
Separate WordPress installations for separate customers
- Are all of the websites for the same client?
- Are all of the websites using the same theme or set of themes?
Save time by building tools
"Don’t wait until you get overwhelmed to start looking into automation."
- Sean McCabe
Sometimes things break